Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pray

As I sit in my room with tears rolling down my face, my four year old comes in the room and says, "It's okay mommy we are going to get her home.Here I brought you a cuddle toy." It was his little angel that prays. Thank you Lord. That is just what I needed.


adopt (əˈdɒpt)
 
1. law to bring (a person) into a specific relationship, esp to take
 (another's child) as one's own child
2. to choose and follow (a plan, technique, etc)
3. to take over (an idea, etc) as if it were one's own
4. to take on; assume: to adopt a title
5. to accept (a report, etc)



_____________________________________________________


wait

[weyt] Show IPA

verb (used without object)
1. to remain inactive or in a state of repose, as until something expected happens (often followed by for, till, or until ): to wait for the bus to arrive.
2. (of things) to be available or in readiness: A letter is waiting for you.
3. to remain neglected for a time: a matter that can wait.
4. to postpone or delay something or to be postponed or delayed: We waited a week and then bought the house. Your vacation will have to wait until next month.
5. to look forward to eagerly: I'm just waiting for the day somebody knocks him down.




Neither one of the definitions say it will be easy. I have really been struggling this week with this whole process. When people said that the process would wear on you mentally and physically I didn't fully understand what they meant, apparently. THIS IS NOT EASY!! We have officially been on the waiting list a whole 2 weeks. Two LOOOOOOOONG weeks. Then I look at our "unofficial" waiting list. Some of these people have been on there over 2 1/2 years. There are so many kids in this world that need us. WHY? Why does this process have to take so long? These kids are living in shoes boxes, straving, sick, you name it they probaby have it. My heart is aching. Since being on that list all I can do is think, "What can I do now?" The only logical answer I can come up with is Pray. Pray for the kids. Pray for the Ethiopian Government. Pray for me. Pray for the situation as a whole. I know we will get through this. This is God's plan for us.

Jeremiah 29:11-- For I know the plans I have for you, delares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Could you please say a little prayer for us as a family but also for all of the orphaned kids? There are so many families willing and ready to help these kids. Please pray that the governments will find some process to make things easier/faster. We definitely want to make sure the agencies are doing every little step correctly and obeying all the laws of both countries but, there has to be a way to get these kids to their families faster than 2, 3, 5, or sometimes even more years. Just look at China. They are the number one country for abortions and Yet people are waiting over 5 years to receive a referall for a child. PRAY! For now, that's all I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment