Tuesday, April 9, 2013

He WILL provide.

Philippians 4:19 And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.


Matthew 6:31-3231Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
 32(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

The Lord WILL provide. Let me start by saying, I was raised in church. I have always went to church and proclaimed myself to be a christian. I went through struggles as does every Christian. Growing up, I recall many people sharing their stories of how God has spoken to them or "shown a sign of his presence" (however you want to word it). I never had that experience until we started the adoption process and I want to share my experience with EVERYONE!

For those of you who don't know, I began researching in high school the adoption process. This was the reason why GOD put me on earth. I have a heart for orphans. I want to take all of them in. I want to provide them all a home. But, that is not realistic. So, I decided I would adopt. God blessed me with a wonderful husband who jumped right on board with the idea. I take this for ranted. Not until recently did I realize this. I was talking to some random person one day about our adoption process and she asked, How does your husband feel about this? My response "He is just as excited as I am. He knew this was my future and he chose to marry me knowing this was what we would do one day" Her response. Well I have one daughter. I wanted to have more kids but couldn't. I brought the idea up to my husband one day about adoption and he told me he wasn't raising someone else's kids. All I could think was you poor lady. I didn't realize people actually thought of adoption that way. So, then I started thinking what if Jeremy though that way. Then I realized. God put Jeremy in my life for a reason. He knew my plans in life and He knew Jeremy would be accepting. Therefore, HE PROVIDED. He provided me with a spouse that would be accepting of my plans.

We took a trip to North Carolina to visit one of Jeremy's high school friends. While there I was able to meet his sister and her husband (Hi Matt and Lisa hehe) They have adopted two children. I was able to ask them lots of questions that the internet doesn't explain very well. Although, meeting them at a very unfortunate time, it was a blessing for us. They were able to introduce us to some agency and help us get the ball rolling on the adoption. HE PROVIDED once again. He provided us with the knowledge we needed to help us better understand the process and give us the extra boost we needed to get the process going.

We went into the process knowing we didn't have the money to fully fund our adoption (as do most adopting parents). We knew we were going to be doing lots of fundraisers and different things to try to raise money for the adoption. We had our first yard sale to try and get the ball rolling. We were $250.00 shy of our first payment. About a week went by and we are trying to figure things out and I get an email "You just received a donation of $250.00" WOW. There it was once again. HE PROVIDED. We have been blessed to be able to pay for every fee that we have paid so far with cash (or check).  We went into the process hoping that we would not have to finance any of the fees. Most families take out credit cards to help pay. We are hoping we do not have to do that. We feel certain that He will continue to provide us with the funds as they are needed. We have truly been blessed thus far and know that HE will continue to bless us.

I think i have rambled on enough but, I truly just want to cry every time I think about all the things God has blessed us with since starting the process in October.

One more thing. We are currently collecting donations for our upcoming yard sale. He has already provided us with a packed two car garage full of donations. We currently have 3 more pickups we are waiting for and one person is bringing us a Uhaul full of stuff. As I have said before HE WILL PROVIDE!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment